Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm baaaack for a short post

Well as usual things have been crazy around here.  We are in the last days before my husband goes to have both knees replaced.  He goes in on Tuesday for the surgery, so this last week has been getting everything ready for that.  Doctors appointments, hospital pre-op, lab work, x-rays, etc.  Tomorrow we go to the doctor for a final visit before the surgery.

In between getting him ready for surgery and the house ready for after surgery,  I have been working on a mini album using the Bo Bunny Forever Fall collection of papers and embellishments.  I am posting some of the pages tonight and will try to post some later this week.  I hope to be home some while he is in the hospital (3-5 days) but will have to wait and see.  I have two pages in this album that are not complete, I ordered a stamp to finish a tag and I need to make one more small sunflower for the back cover.


This is the front cover.  The sunflowers are made with McGill flower punches, the leaves are from Michaels, the peacock feather is a real feather, there is a tag behind the photo mat for more photos and journaling. The pumpkin border is an EK Success punch, the letters are some from my stash and the glitter is some I mixed from several colors trying to get something close to the feather color.


This is page 2.  The leaves, wheat, acorns and branches are from the TH Autumn Gathering Sizzlits die.  The sunflower and dragonflies are the stamps from the Forever Fall collection. The sunflower is colored with watercolor pencils, then I used Glimmer Mist in Sun Sisters and Gold on it.  The dragonflies are stamped with Versamark then embossed with Ranger Antiquities embossing powder.  The photo mats are embossed with the Cuttlebug Pumpkin Patch folder then colored with Wild Honey and Peeled Paint distress inks.


This is page 3.  This page has a pull-up photo mat and a waterfall pull for 3 pictures and journaling.
The pull-up photo mat is done on SU Chocolate Chip cardstock using  a Crafter's Workshop template Maple Leaves and sprayed with Gold Glimmer Mist.  The leaf is a Petaloo Color Me Leaf sprayed with Sugar Maple Glimmer Mist and a brad from the Bo Bunny collection added.



The stamp by the pumpkin "So Thankful for You" is an Inkadinkado stamp from Thankful for Everything. The stamps on the waterfall are TPC stamps from the Falling Leaves set.  The two dragonflies on the page are colored with Versamark pen then Perfect Pearls Bronze and Blue Patina added.  All of the cardstock in this mini is from SU, turquoise, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie and kraft.

The pumpkin album is from Life on the {Scrap} beach .  I did all of the album according to Katherine's UStream videos.

Well, I think I will call it a night.  I hope everyone has had a good weekend and has a great week ahead.
Hugs,
Delo 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Delo

    What a wonderful card - I love it.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete