Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Boy is it hot!!!!!!!!!!

Well things have begun to slow down some and I think I just might like this retirement. We went to Roswell on Monday to get several things for my studio but came back mostly empty handed. I did pick up some new cushions for the patio chairs. I am getting really excited to get the fencing up and grass planted, maybe by this weekend we can find everything we need to at least get started. The new air conditioner we put in last weekend has really made a difference since we have been having this 100-110 degree heat. I just hope we get some rain soon, the fires we are having are getting a little scary. The Loop fire by the Carlsbad Caverns National Park came to within a few miles of the house.

I am posting a new card today for the TOMIC challenge--color combo and
                                                                   Magnolia-Licious Challenge -- pink

This is Tilda with a peony. She is colored on Cryogen CS.
The base is kraft cs from my stash, the pink in the back is MME-Bohemia- Pink Textured, the brown with pink dots is from my stash, I used a Nestabilities Peony to cut SU white naturals then cut out and pop dotted Tilda to it. The large flowers are Prima a symphony rose in ambroso pink and a cottage blossom in chocolate, the mini roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts, the foliage is a Magnolia Doohickey die and the crystal swirl is from Colorbok colored with a Copic R85.

Tilda is colored with Copics. Skin E000, E00, E21, R20; hair E11, E13, E17, E19; dress R00, R11, R12;  slip W00, W1; socks R00, R11; shoes W00, W1, W5, W7 then coated with Crystal Accent; peony R81, R83, R85, Y18,YG63, YG67 then I used Diamond Stickles in the center of the peony.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Hugs,
Delo

4 comments:

  1. What a beauty, Delores! :) You have beautiful style! You inspire me DAILY. I am coloring much more now - you give me that push! Prayers for little Carlsbad that the fires calm down and much needed rain comes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Delo,
    Sure hope you enjoy your retirement :o)
    You have created such a pretty card!
    Your colouring of Tilda is amazing - especially her hair!!
    Your spray of flowers are beautifully done and love the bling.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Delo!
    Fantastic card, beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining TOMIC this week,
    Hugs
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card with precious layout design and the sweet flowers embellishment. Thank you so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious Color Challenge :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete