Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

Well, I made it back from San Angelo, TX with lots and lots of bug bites. I went to see the doctor today to try to get some relief from the itching. She prescribed some antibiotics, histamines and cortisone cream. I am pretty much covered with bites on my fingers, hands, arms, face and neck, so I am very uncomfortable and we are leaving on Friday for a trip to Estes Park, CO. I have so many bites on my hands (even the palms) and fingers I can't hold a marker now to color. I am glad I finished my card below before I went to San Angelo last weekend.

The patterned paper and cardstock are from my stash and are several years old. The stars at the bottom are a garland from the dollar store. The stars on the oval are an old EK Success punch and the star shaped bling is from my stash and were colored with B26 and R27; the starburst is a Bo Bunny Winter Joy embellishment colored with B26 and R27 to match.

I colored this on Cryogen cardstock with Copic markers. I used: skin E000, E00, E11, R20; bathing suit B21, B24, B26, R24, R27; eyes B21; hair YR23, Y23; cap C00, R24 ,R27, Y02;  sea BG10; seaweeds G94, G40; fish YR65, Y02; sand and rocks E42, E25.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July. Please remember what we are celebrating and thank someone who has given a part of their lives to keep us free.

I will be home and ready to color as soon as my hands heal (it could be 10-14 days for the hands to heal).

Hugs,
Delo

1 comment:

  1. Hi friend! Your card is adorable!!! LOVE the 4th of July theme! Coloring is FABULOUS. I am so sorry about those darn bug bites...bed bugs maybe? :( Get well SOON - enjoy your trip to CO! xo

    ReplyDelete