Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Where has the week gone?

I am posting a card I completed this week. It is not for any challenges but I wanted to get this one completed and up before the weekend. I probably will not post again until Monday since I will be going to Lubbock tomorrow to take a friend to the doctor. We will be staying the night and come home on Friday but I don't know how late. Then on Saturday I will be going to Roswell to check on my display at Hobby Lobby and to see if anyone has expressed any interest in taking the class.

This is Grog he is mate to Uggabugga. He is a Tiddly Inks digital image. I love this since the local high school team is the Cavemen. I originally bought the individual Uggabugga and Grog images but I am going to buy the set they have available with a cave background, the two figures as a couple and some other images.

I used the same Bo Bunny paper Wild Thing Tiger Stripe as on Uggabugga, Coredinations cardstock from the Black Magic pad and some brown cardstock. I tried to make this look like a cave with cave art on the back wall. I lightly dampened the cardstock and crumpled it up then on the Coredinations after smoothing it out slightly and letting it dry I sanded so the lighter color would show through. On the brown after drying I inked with Cat Eye chalk ink in dark brown and charcoal. The stamps are really old and I do not remember the name or brand.

Grog is colored on Cryogen cardstock with Copic markers, skin E000, E00, E02, E11; hair E31, E35, E37; clothes Y23, YR24, YR31, W00; spots E31, E35; club E43, E44, E47; and coloreless blender. I fussy cut Grog out (what a chore on his hair and the hair on his arms and legs) and pop dotted him on the card. The rocks are also pop dotted in the center and glued along the edges.

Well, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and a terrific weekend.

Hugs,
Delo

1 comment:

  1. Wow this is pretty spectacular! LOVE the textured cave you created - and with hieroglyphics too! CLEVER! It just keeps getting better and better around here! :)

    ReplyDelete