Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy October!!!

I love the month of October, it's the sputtering start of fall here, we have cool mornings (usually high 50's or low 60's) then the afternoons are still reaching in the mid to high 90's so that doesn't feel too much like fall. Then there is Halloween to look forward to, Halloween has always been my favorite holiday since, on this one day, you can be anybody or anything you want to be and it's okay.

I have an new card today I am entering this in the following challenge:

Totally Gorjuss -Sketch

The image is one of Kenny K's Steampunk girls, Briana Blaster, she is digital and printed on Neenah Solar White cardstock and colored with Copic markers. The card is made using a K&Co. collection, LIfe's Journey. I have used both sides of the printed cardstock for this. I love the printing on the paper under the image it reads "Friends of Soldiers" just below the pearl swirl.


This is a picture of the Copics I used on this image. There are a lot of them. I also used several Spicas on her, Silver, Turquoise and Sand. I also used Glossy Accents on her goggles, pistol grip and the tank.


I love these Steampunk images, they work so well with a lot of the Tim Holtz products. I hand cut the oval and inked the edge with TH Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, the edges of the other papers have been distressed and inked with Old Paper Distress Ink. The Inspire tag is TH, the twine is from my stash. The pearls are Kaisercraft and have been colored with Copic BG13.


I hope everyone is enjoying the day and has a great rest of the weekend!
Hugs,
Delo

2 comments:

  1. Fab card. Thanks for playing at Totally Gorjuss. Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've matched the DP to your image. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete